* 2019 Events WHAT I CARRY *
Hooray! Some fun bookseller and library events slated for 2019. 2020 book tour dates will be announced soon. Stay posted!
* Northern California Independent Booksellers Association Discovery Show * September 20th, 2019 Burlingame, California
* Pacficic Northwest Booksellers Association Fall Trade Show * October 6th, 2019 Portland, Oregon
* Whitman County Library Visits * October 21st, 2019 Pullman, Washington
* WHAT I CARRY 1/21/2020 * Cover reveal, excerpt and Pre-Order! *
BUSTLE Magazine revealed the gorgeous cover of my new novel WHAT I CARRY (Random House books 1/21/202) designed by the wonderful Casey Moses. You can read an exceprt of Chapter One and see Casey’s incredible cover art here! So many exclamations points! So much excitement! Pre-Order here or when it publishes 1/21/2020. I can’t wait to meet readers and share the story of this book, so stayed tuned for Winter/Spring 2020 tour dates in Washington, California and more. See you soon!
* PAST EVENTS *
* May 11th 2018 (Friday) 7pm Complex Girls in YA Panel I am thrilled to moderate a discussion about complex, kick-ass girl MCs with debut authors Heather Ezell (NOTHING LEFT TO BURN) and Joy McCullough (BLOOD WATER PAINT) This is going to be a pretty amazing talk with two smart, hilarious authors of intense and beautiful debut novels. That's a lot of adjectives but believe me, it's all true. You totally want to be there. Secret Garden Books Seattle, Washington
* November 3rd 2018 (Saturday) 9am-4pm BARN: Young Adult Fiction and Its Conventions Bainbridge Island, Wa. Join Jen for a one-day, all-day class about how to work with - and against - the well-worn tropes for which YA is famous. Register at www.bainbridgebarn.wildapricot.org
"In this class with Jennifer Longo, you will explore the various conventions found in contemporary young adult novels, focusing on working with and against these tropes to create a unique narrative that remains true to its audience. YA novels, no matter the genre, nearly always feature many of the same recognizable characters and relationships, plotlines, and conflicts. New writers may not be familiar with (or fond of) some of these tropes. The authors may feel as if their books need to be shoved through a veritable sieve of conventions that have nothing to do with the narrative. You will explore ways to work with and around these, sometimes, irksome elements. During the last part of class, you will examine opening pages of YA-- how they grab and hold the reader and how they are free of conventions. Along with Jennifer Longo, discover how it is possible to create a story that remains true to your vision and yet captivating for the YA reader."
* April 13th -15th 2018 (Friday - Sunday) The Orcas Island Lit Festival You guys! Orcas Island is having it's first Literary Festival and I mean, seriously - what could be a more amazing way to spend a weekend than exploring books and authors you love on gorgeous Orcas Island? Nothing, I tell you. Nothing! Let's go! Tickets are still available at https://oilf.org Get a ferry reservation or just walk on and join NYT Bestselling and critically acclaimed authors of all genres, including Yours Truly representing the YA Community. Orcas Island, Wa.
* February 25th 2018 (Sunday) 9am-1pm nErDcamp Bellingham Join authors, illustrators, and book lovers all for an intensive day of panels, discussions, and break out sessions. Jen will moderate a panel on what makes amazing MG and YA novels featuring some favorite PNW Literary Luminaries. Bellingham, Washington https://nerdcampbham.wordpress.com/2017/12/26/jennifer-longo-is-returning-to-nerdcamp-bellingham/
* UP TO THIS POINTE is nominated for the 2017 Washington State Book Awards and The 2017 Sequoyah Oklahoma Book Awards! What an incredible honor to be counted among the nominees for both these literary awards, representing readers and book lovers in my beautiful home state of Washington, and the great state of Oklahoma. I am, as always, humbled and grateful. Hooray for books!
* October 12th 2017 (Thursday) 6-8pm Fall Educator Reception Join me and YA Author William Ritter at Barnes & Noble Vancouver, Wa. to shower local teachers and librarians with love!
* April 29th 2017 (Saturday) 12-2pm Independent Bookstore Day Join author Mark Holtzen and me at Island Books, Mercer Island, Wa.
* May 6 2017 (Saturday) Cavalcade of Authors West Amazing author line-up & I'll present How to use your own life to write pretend fake fiction! Curtis Junior High Tacoma, Washington. cavalcadeofauthorswest.com
* February 26th 2017 (Sunday) WWU Children's Literature Conference nErDCamp Free registration to join some amazing KidLit authors for discussions, group activities, and all kinds of mayhem. Bellingham, Washington. wwuclc.com
* January 26th 2017 (Thursday) 7pm Roundtable discussion and Q&A with authors Suzanne Selfors & George Shannon BARN Bainbridge Island, Washington. We'll chat about books, illustrating, and publishing. www.bainbridgebarn.wildapricot.org
* June 10th 2016 (Friday) 7pm Reading/Signing (With Teresa Toten) B&N Lynwood, Washington
* June 11th 2016 (Saturday) 10am-12noon Reading/Signing B&N Issaquah (Pickering Plaza) Washington
*June 11th 2016 (Saturday) 3pm-5pm Reading/Signing B&N Seattle (Pacific Place) Washington
* June 12th 2016 (Sunday) 1pm-3pm Reading/Signing B&N Bellevue, Washington
* June 12th 2016 (Sunday) 4pm-6pm Reading/Signing B&N Bellevue (Crossroads) Washington
* April 30th 2016 (Saturday) 10am-12noon Chatting about books for Independent Bookstore Day at Island Books, Mercer Island, Wa.
* May 5th 2016(Thursday) 7pm Reading/Signing/Drinks at Nana's Mexican Kitchen Queen Anne Book Co, Seattle, Washington
* January 24th 2016 (Sunday) 5pm LAUNCH PARTY! Island Books, Mercer Island, Washington.
* January 30th 2016 (Saturday) 6pm Reading/Signing University Books, Seattle, Washington.
* January 31st 2016 (Sunday) 12 Noon Reading/Signing Eagle Harbor Book Co. Bainbridge Island, Washington.
* February 6th 2016 (Saturday) 2pm Reading/Signing Village Books, Bellingham, Washington.
* February 13th 2016 (Saturday) 4pm YA Panel/Signing Books Of Wonder, NY, New York.
* February 19th 2016 (Friday) 7pm Reading/Signing with the lovely Suzy Vitello Powell's Books Cedar Hills Crossing, Beaverton, Oregon.
* February 26th 2016 (Friday) 6:30pm Reading/Signing Leavenworth Library, Leavenworth, Washington.
* February 27th 2016 (Saturday) 1pm Book Signing A Book For All Seasons, Leavenworth, Washington.
* April 7th 2016 (Thursday) 7pm In Conversation with TBA Special Guest! Third Place Books, Seattle, Washington.
* April 14th 2016 (Thursday) 7pm Reading/Signing Books Inc., Palo Alto, California.
* April 23rd 2016 (Saturday) 12pm Reading/Signing Face In A Book, El Dorado Hills, California.
* November 7th 2015 * YALSA Symposium Portland, Oregon * William C. Morris Author Forum Debut YA authors discuss what led them to write for teens, their creative process, and the experience of publishing a novel. Participating Authors: Anna-Marie McLemore, Ann Jacobus, Jennifer Longo, and Peter Rock. Moderated by: Elizabeth Ross (2014 Morris Finalist)
* October 3rd 2015 * Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association Fall Trade Show Portland, Oregon
* October 10th 2015 * 7pm * Washington State Book Awards * SIX FEET OVER IT is a finalist for the Washington State Book Award, Youth Literature category! Everyone is welcome to join the ceremony to announce the winners in all categories at the Seattle Central Library, followed by a reception, book sales and I'm pretty sure, cake!
* October 11th 2015 * Washington State Book Award Finalist Reading/Signing * University Books Seattle, Washington
* October 15th-17th 2015 * Washington Library Media Association Fall Conference Yakima, Washington * WLMA key note address and break out session about the ins, outs, ups, downs, overs, unders and throughs of writing novels set in graveyards and Antarctica.
Publisher’s Weekly Rights Report: Week of October 13, 2014
“Chelsea Eberly at Random House has bought Six Feet Over It author Jennifer Longo’s Up To This Pointe, in a two-book deal. In the novel, a girl who is the descendent of an explorer who died in a race to the South Pole knows that big dreams come with big risks. When her dream of becoming a star ballerina dies, she’s willing to go to the ends of the earth (literally to the South Pole) to chart a new path. Publication is slated for spring 2016; Melissa Sarver White at Folio Literary Management did the deal for world rights.”